The popular 1Password password manager was released today with its big iOS 15 update. The version comes with full iOS Safari integration which provides the most seamless experience yet. Along with full access to 1Password in Safari, new features include 2FA autofill, smart password generation, the full desktop experience for iPad, and more.
1Password detailed the big update in a blog post today.
Ever since we first released 1Password X for desktop web browsers, we’ve dreamed of bringing its power to the iPhone and iPad. With the release of iOS 15 today, that’s exactly what we’ve done! ??
You have immediate access to everything 1Password right in Safari. Fill up with a tap, find everything, generate smart passwords, or even display your favorite shortbread recipe. Having your entire digital life available right in Safari is life changing.
And that’s just the beginning. We have also made suggestions on the page from the desktop.
Taking it a step further, 1Password in iOS 15 offers on-page suggestions with machine learning, 2FA autofill, and more.
The on-page suggestions allow you to access your articles exactly where you need them. For sites that have complicated login forms, we use our on-device machine learning to detect what’s going on and automatically fill out the password for you.
And if you use two-factor authentication, we automatically fill in the codes, so you don’t need to copy them to your clipboard.
Another handy addition is the ability to use the full 1Password desktop experience on iPad:
The iPad has a wonderful desktop class browsing experience. Now it also has the full 1Password desktop experience.
If you’ve used 1Password in a desktop web browser, you’ll be immediately familiar with the iPad experience. Everything is where you expect it to be, and it works great with your finger, Apple Pencil, or your Magic Keyboard.
Other new features and improvements include:
- Get contextual fill suggestions as you browse the web
- Fill out connections, credit cards, identities, emails and addresses
- Automatically fill in credentials on multiple pages
- Automatically fill in two-factor authentication codes
- Scan QR codes for easy setup of two-factor authentication
- Use suggested smart passwords that meet the requirements of any page
- Register usernames and credit cards on 1Password directly from the page
- Fill out and register virtual credit cards with Privacy.com
- Check out the Watchtower’s recommendations to improve your safety score
- Unlock with Face ID and Touch ID
The new 1Password is a free update for existing subscribers and there is also a 14-day free trial for new customers.
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links which generate income. Following.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: