Maricopa’s real estate market inventory is the highest ever in the past year. A year ago, in October 2020, there were 200 homes for sale, but today there are 250.
Normal monthly inventory averages have historically hovered around 300 to 325 homes for sale.
It is not just Maricopa where the housing stock is on the rise. I am in daily contact with agents throughout the valley, and although there is a shortage of accommodation, instead of receiving 10 offers on the 1st weekend it slowed down to just a couple.
October 2021 Octoberbre 2020
Houses for sale 250,200
Average Selling Price in $ 368,708 $ 277,811
Average price per square foot $ 186 $ 140
Average days on the market 29 33
Here are the final figures for the city of Maricopa for the month of October 2021
These numbers only focus on homes in HOA subdivisions, as non-HOA areas are so diverse and more difficult to categorize.
There are 250 homes currently available for sale, not under contract pending offers. And there are 372 homes currently under contract (expected to close escrow within 45 days pending inspection, appraisal, etc.)
In October 2021:
- 35 of the homes sold had a built-in private pool.
- 53 Of the houses sold were new construction.
- 10 of the houses sold were located in the Province (active adult community)
- The cheapest house sold for $ 242,000. It was a 1,333 square foot three bed, two bath home in the province, located at 42,000 W. Morning Glory Way.
- The most expensive house sold for $ 530,000. It was a two-bed, two-bath house, 2,305 square feet. It is located in Province and features a fireplace and a swimming pool. It was packed with upgrades, like 42-inch birch cabinets, a gas hob, and a wall oven. It is located at 42795 W. Misty Morning Lane.
Of the 237 houses sold in October:
- Nine of them had two bedrooms
- 105 had three bedrooms
- 102 had four bedrooms
- 17 had five bedrooms
- Four had six bedrooms
All about parking
- 196 houses had a garage for two cars.
- 39 had a three-car garage
- Two had a garage for four cars.
Here is a price range for homes sold in October:
- 1 – $ 225,001 to $ 250,000
- 4 – 250,001 to 275,000 $
- 15 – 275,001 to 300,000 $
- 28 – 300,001 to 325,000 $
- 45 – 325 01 to $ 350,000
- 55 – 350,001 to 375,000 $
- 37 – 375,001 to $ 400,000
- 21 – 400,001 to $ 425,000
- 11 – 425 01 to $ 450,000
- 14 – 450,001 to $ 500,000
- $ 6 – $ 500,001 +
The bottom line is clear: The market is strong and competitively priced homes sell very quickly. Go out and meet your new neighbor.
- Brian Petersheim is a Realtor with Homesmart Success and can be contacted at 602.206.9644 or by email at [email protected]