You can view and download the Tableau Dashboard at: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/durvesh.shah/viz/Shark_Tank_India/Dashboard1
Shark Tank India has created a buzz on the internet. Internet users go crazy trying to discover new products presented by entrepreneurs. In the world of technology, people are finding ways to predict investment based on shark history, perform data analysis and much more. I created the visualization with the goal of seeing how much each shark has invested in different brands. Also, I tried to predict the predictions for the next 5 upcoming episodes.
Have you ever thought that reports and dashboards in Salesforce are less appealing than other visualization tools? Although they’re interactive in Lightning Experience, they don’t offer as much interactivity as other tools are capable of providing. For this reason, I’m going to integrate Salesforce data with Tableau and show you how to view Tableau dashboards on Salesforce.
I will perform an EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis) on the Shark Tank India dataset using Tableau. I will get the data from Salesforce and perform the analysis using Tableau. Basically I will connect two services to perform the analysis.
Download the dataset from:
Download the data loader from your own Salesforce org. Please find the installation steps on the link below:
- Create an object. You can name it whatever you like.
- Create fields such that all fields must correspond to columns in your dataset with data types, otherwise Tableau will not understand measures and dimensions.
- Use Data Loader to insert your dataset into your Salesforce org.
- Connect the dataset to a server.
- Click on Salesforce as an option to sign in.
- It will ask you to authenticate with the Salesforce user ID and password.
4. Once logged in, you will see each Salesforce object in Tableau.
5. Select the object you created in Salesforce and import it.
After completing your dashboard, simply save your dashboard to the Tableau Public server. As soon as you save it, open it and you will see the share symbol on the top right of this dashboard. You will see two options embed code and link. If you want to embed your dashboard in a webpage, copy the embed code. For us, we need the link. Copy the link and save it somewhere for now.
- Download and install the Tableau Viz Lightning package from Salesforce App Exchange in your Salesforce org. Please click this link to install the same. https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N4V00000GF1cSUAT&_ga=2.240896835.1389582609.1649345658-890820423.1648870512
2. After installing the package, click the gear icon, then edit the page on the top right.
3. On the left side, find Tableau Visualization. Drag the component forward.
4. Paste the Tableau Dashboard link you copied earlier into the URL text on the right. Finally, save your page, and yes everything is done.
Congratulations, you’ve just set up your Tableau dashboard in Salesforce with interactive visualizations that are nearly impossible to implement with your own Salesforce reports and dashboards.
Follow me on Github: https://github.com/durveshshah
Link to previous article: https://medium.datadriveninvestor.com/salesforce-platform-developer-a-coding-profession-you-have-not-heard-of-ac7d9e8a242d
 “Shark-Tank-India.” KaggleFebruary 6, 2022, www.kaggle.com/datasets/anshulmehtakaggl/sharktankindia.
 “Salesforce”. Board, help.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/examples_salesforce.htm. Accessed April 8, 2022.