SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif., November 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The Ensign Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ENSG), the parent company of EnsignMT group of companies, which invests in and provides nursing and living services for the elderly, physical, occupational and speech therapy, other rehabilitation and health care services, and real estate announced today that it acquired real estate in the following nursing and assisted living facilities in Arizona, California and Kansas, the acquisitions of which took effect on November 15, 2021:
- Horizon Post-Acute Care and Rehabilitation Center, a 179-bed specialty nursing facility located in Glendale, Arizona, which is operated by an independent operating subsidiary of Ensign;
- Missionary care center, a 58-bed specialty nursing facility located in Rosemead, California, which is operated by an independent operating subsidiary of Ensign;
- California Mission Inn, a 144-bed assisted living facility located in Rosemead, California, which is operated by an independent operating subsidiary of The Pennant Group, Inc .;
- Leawood Health Care Center, a 94-bed specialty nursing facility located in Leawood, KS, which is operated by an independent operating subsidiary of Ensign; and
- The Topeka Health Center, a 105-bed specialist nursing facility located in Topeka, KS, which is operated by an independent operating subsidiary of Ensign.
“We are extremely excited to purchase these real estate assets, which in each case have been operated by the Ensign and Pennant subsidiaries for a number of years,” said Barry Port, President and CEO General of Ensign. âThese deals are already strong contributors in their respective locations, but we believe each has significant organic growth potential, which will generate significant long-term value in our growing real estate portfolio,â he added.
“This real estate acquisition was a perfect opportunity to present one of the many strategies of Ensign’s Captive REIT, which will be to capture the rise created in real estate as the assets we currently operate, as well as to conclude new transactions that will be operated by a subsidiary of Ensign or other third party operators, âsaid Chad Keetch, Chief Investment Officer of Ensign.
This acquisition brings Ensign’s growing real estate portfolio to 100 assets. In total, Ensign now operates 245 healthcare facilities, 22 of which also include senior living facilities, in thirteen states. Mr Port reaffirmed that Ensign is actively seeking opportunities to acquire real estate and lease both skilled, high performing and distressed nursing, senior citizen residences and other healthcare related businesses in across the United States.
About the brandMT
The independent operating subsidiaries of Ensign Group, Inc. provide a wide range of nursing and residential care services for the elderly, physical, occupational and speech therapy, and other rehabilitation and health care services in 245 healthcare facilities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa. , Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wisconsin. More information about Ensign is available at http://www.ensigngroup.net.
The Ensign Group, Inc., (949) 487-9500, [email protected]
SOURCE: The Ensign Group, Inc.